ANA Health Policy
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, ANA has developed the Health Policy below.
The situation and government directions are changing rapidly. At the bottom of the page are relevant links that may be more up to date than this policy. Please follow the latest advice, err on the side of caution and stay safe!
(Updated 21 March)
1. If you have been overseas please self-quarantine for 14 days after return.
2. If you are living with someone who has been overseas then please do not attend ANA for the two weeks after their return.
3. If you have been in close contact with a known COVID-19 positive person or one who is awaiting result from testing, please self isolate as appropriate.
4. If you are unwell (e.g. fever, respiratory symptoms, sore throat, etc), do not attend ANA until recovered.
5. If you are in an at-risk group (over 70, chronic disease, immunocompromised, etc), please consider either non attendance or attending at less busy times.
6. Use hand sanitiser (20 seconds rubbing) or washing hands with soap (20 seconds rubbing) on arrival and departure and as necessary. Sanitiser has been placed near each green door and in the gym.
7. Social Distancing - rowing is restricted to single sculls only. Avoid contacting people unnecessarily e.g. handshakes, hugs, kissing.
8. Practice appropriate hygiene if coughing or sneezing (and see point 2).
9. Please disinfect handles of ergs and wipe screen buttons. Use the hand gel prior and after.
10. Please do not spit in the shed if doing an erg.
11. Please disinfect all hand contact surfaces at the gym and use hand sanitiser.
12. Please wash club/multiuse oar handles and boat handling surfaces (gunwales, gates) with soap or disinfectant. Some may want to do this before and after if in an at-risk group.
13. Please be aware that as the situation changes so may the health advice.
***This does not constitute medical advice***